Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Are you committed to safety? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Georgia-Pacific is looking for Assistant Machine Operators (2ndor 3rdShift) for our Spartanburg, SC corrugated packaging facility. Corrugator Assistants have the exciting opportunity to join a close-knit team dedicated to safety.
This position creates value by safely assisting with the production of corrugated sheets to be made into printed boxes for our valued customers. Assistant Machine Operators will have opportunities for advancement as openings occur and will obtain on-the-job training for roles throughout our facility.
Employees in this role are required to be available to work first, second, or third shift. This will include overtime, holidays, and weekends. Hours for shifts are as follows: 1st: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm, 2nd: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, 3rd: 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
* Following and being a steward of safety rules and procedures
* Assisting operators prepare rolls for splices and order changes
* Assisting crew members with cleaning and overall maintenance of the machines
* Assisting in the emptying and baling of board waste as orders are produced
* Loading and unloading of raw materials and waste
* Performing required quality inspections and tests, while maintaining accurate records of results
* Performing other duties as assigned by leadership
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
* Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
* Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
* Willing and able to work 2nd and 3rd shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required
* High School Diploma or GED
* Previous experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
* Experience troubleshooting equipment or heavy machinery
* Previous experience working with computers
* High school diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf