Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Do you have experience troubleshooting manufacturing or industrial equipment? Do you enjoy working as part of a team to increase uptime and reliability? If this sounds like your ideal job, then we want to talk to you! Georgia-Pacific's Gypsum facility in SAVANNAH, GA is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as a Mechanical Maintenance Technician.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
* Maintaining machine health through preventive and predictive activities
* Repairing equipment through accurate replacement of parts/components, adjustments including belts, chains, gearing, and power transmission components
* Setting up machine centers in a precision and reliable state utilizing precision alignment instrumentation and straight edge/string alignment
* Being flexible to work in other areas of the reliability department or in other parts of the plant as needed
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
* Minimum of three (3) years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment repairing and troubleshooting mechanical/electrical systems and plant equipment
* Experience troubleshooting mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems on process equipment
* Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and sketches
* Experience utilizing precision maintenance and tools including torque wrenches, micrometers, calipers, dials, infrared, ultrasonic etc.
* Willing and able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
* Willing and able to lift 50 lbs. routinely
* Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
* Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
* Experience with fabrication, cutting, and welding
* Experience with predictive technologies such as oil analysis, vibration analysis, infrared, ultrasound, etc.
* Documented completion of an apprenticeship program
* Minimum of five (5) years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment repairing and troubleshooting mechanical/electrical systems and plant equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf