Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
WHO ARE WE*
K12 Produces Results
Get To Know FLOS!
Florida Online School
Behind The Scenes
A Day In The Life
K12 believes in education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, Florida Online School. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Florida Online School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The English Language Learner (ELL) Teacher is responsible for providing ELL K-12 program administration, professional support and training, and student and family services. The incumbent applies sound language acquisition principals to program development, teacher support, and student education. In addition, the ELL Teacher advises administration in order to ensure state and federal compliance.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Takes ownership for students' academic progress and attendance, communicating high expectations and showing active interest in students' achievement;
* Prepares students for high stakes standardized tests;
* Conducts live synchronous teaching - minimum of 20 hours per week;
* Collaborates with general education teaching partners on student support, class accommodations, and current trends for differentiating instruction to meet diverse learners
* Asynchronously supports objectives, including composing/sending emails, planning course objectives, preparing learning plans, and using data to determine student needs;
* Collaborates with local/regional/national teams and teacher trainers regarding instruction, resources, interventions and data-driven decision making;
* Makes self open and available to be coached on a regular basis with administrators and teacher trainers;
* Under guidance from principal and coach, augments course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools;
* Submits grades and required student work ensuring student academic honesty and integrity; Maintains grade book; supports in placement and promotion decisions by generating formal and informal reports regarding student progress, alerts administrators to concerns about student performance and progress.
* Establishes and maintains positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with students and learning coaches/parents;
* Supports learning coaches/parents with student curricular and instructional issues in a virtual classroom environment that is in line with academy policies and procedures;
* Supports students and learning coaches with the set-up and maintenance of their learning environment including basic computer troubleshooting;
* Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support;
* Works collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program, that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed among the stakeholders;
* Responds to students, parents, and colleagues in timely manner;
* Utilizes translation services and tools to effectively communicate with families.
Other Essential Functions
* Organizes social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of virtual clubs, outings, marketing events or other extracurricular activities as required;
* Travels to testing sites to proctor state exams;
* Travels to administer language proficiency screeners for students upon enrollment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Do you strive to deliver excellent instruction, support, and guidance to students* Are you driven to focus on students' individual needs* Do you excel at managing the learning process*
If selected, you will participate in a year-long, comprehensive new teacher training and induction program that includes learning about K12 resources, our culture and how to work on our platforms. This program provides an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. You will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.