Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Bunge (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oil seed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge's expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve in over 60 countries. The company is headquartered in New York and has 31,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 360 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain silos, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
This position is responsible for the weighing, grading and testing of all grain received and shipped. Also may perform some clerical tasks and general housekeeping duties both inside and outside the office
Reporting and Working Relationships
This positions reports directly to the Elevator Manager and interacts with farmers & truck drivers (external) on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the proper and accurate weighing and sampling of all inbound grain and grain products as well as all outbound grain and grain products.
- Assist in the housekeeping as related, but not limited to, the cleanliness and orderliness of the grain handling area (tunnels, head house, concrete grounds, grass areas, flag pole etc), as well as any areas within the plant or office as delegated by position supervisor.
- Responsible for the proper calibration of all grain testing equipment, conducting cross checks for grain testing equipment and weighing equipment (including truck scales ) and proper documentation of such.
- Conduct applicable toxin testing on all inbound and/or outbound grain, package samples for shipment/storage and properly ship grain samples to appropriate lab as required.
- Responsible for proper operations of all grain weighing equipment, software and systems.
- Responsible for properly and accurately recording all applicable documentation and reporting any errors or irregularities.
- Responsible for developing product knowledge and how to handle any hazardous properties of products.
- Must be aware of and follow all applicable safety and environmental regulations with respect to the product you are handling.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent desired
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a highly quality controlled environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment
- Some mechanical background including the ability to recognize signs of operation failure
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other plant personnel.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled