Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Project Manager - Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
The Project Manager - Electrical And Instrumentation Engineer will be responsible to provide overall ownership and continuity for Project Engineering and management associated with instrument and electrical and providing technical expertise to the plant. Set and achieve goals on plant capital project execution, cost, EHS performance. This role will manage the Electrical and Instrumentation components of Capital Projects and also independently lead and manage projects that have a high concentration of Electrical & Instrumentation components.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
Please specify if responsibilities are Global and/or Regional and/or Local.
* Operate for strict adherence to compliance of EHS regulations and requirements, for both internally and externally, for installation/modification of site facilities and production process.
* Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets, employees, and the public.
* Responsible for safety on project work not limited to MPM employees but also contractors & vendors
* Compliance with and further development of a zero-tolerance environment regarding occupational safety and environmental protection
* Review safety procedures every time before performing pre-startup for both new and modified facilities. This rule applies even if the procedural changes only affect a single component or process.
* Ensure all requirements of Momentive s EHS Management System are compliant in responsible area.
* Ensuring compliance with legal requirements and internal company standards for occupational and plant safety as well as environmental and health protection
* Ensure proper documentation for the site (e.g. drawings: loops, schematics, P&IDs, plans, scopes, standards, etc)
* Ensure contractors and employees are approved to work on site and have their proper paperwork.
* Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
* Prepare technical drawings, specifications of instrument and electrical systems, or plans to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards.
* Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
* Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical, instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems.
* Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, or codes.
* Compile data and write reports regarding existing or potential electrical engineering studies or projects.
* Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, or installation standards or specifications.
* Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
* Purchase materials or equipment as needed for projects or in support of the plant.
* Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget preparation purposes.
* Supervise or train project team members, as necessary.
* Conduct field surveys or study diagrams or other data to identify and correct power system problems.
* Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within budget.
* Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational, safety, or environmental standards.
* Plan or implement research methodology or procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
* Design electrical systems or components that minimize electric energy requirements, such as lighting systems designed to account for natural lighting.
* Plan layout of electric power generating plants or distribution lines or stations.
* Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment or major repairs including existing DCS system and safety systems.
* Develop systems that produce electricity with renewable energy sources, such as wind, solar, or biofuels.
* Integrate electrical systems with renewable energy systems to improve overall efficiency.
* Participation in internal and regulatory audits and ensure follow up actions, and initiates and documents change controls as appropriate
* Conduct and participate in regular engineering meetings
* Support for VCP program
* Sizing of control valves, regulators, transmitters, etc.
* Available for site call out
* Other work as assigned
COMMUNICATIONS & DOCUMENTATION
* Ensuring regular employees and contractors are well-informed of the hazards they're facing such as potential of fire, explosion or toxic release hazards related to the contractor s work and the process.
* Ensuring of stringent change and documentation management in the operating area (MOC)
* Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of short term modification work
* Provide necessary training of job, skill and knowledge.
* Maintain cost estimate sheet to keep aware of spending on daily, monthly, and yearly timeframe of projects assigned as project manager.
* Updating monthly AR tracker with current twelve month spend profile of projects assigned as project manager.
KEY METRICS ROLE IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
* Maintain cost estimate spreadsheet
* Update monthly AR tracker on 12 month project spending
* ATS Corrective Actions completed on or before their due date
* Instrument and Electrical design on projects
* Project management and maintaining projects to keep on schedule, within cost with preferring not to use contingency, and no injuries
* Maintain spend accuracy at least 85% or greater. Preferred 90% or better.
* Site Manufacturing & Engineering teams (including maintenance and reliability)
* Site Leadership team - Build sustainable & trust relationship to site management
* Site EHS
* Cooperation with service functions and site teams (Continuous Improvement, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Legal, Procurement, Sales, Quality, Technology)
* Bachelor s or university degree in the field of Electrical Engineering
* At least 5+ years of instrument and electrical including project management in the chemical industry
* Strong safety consciousness, strong EHS awareness and familiarity with EHS requirements
* Strong capability in problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to organize and analyze process data, utilize statistical analysis, and effectively troubleshoot complex chemical processes, instrumentation, and electrical.
* Good understanding of business interrelationships
* High awareness of responsibility and costs
* Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential
* Demonstrated ability to organize and motivate teams, drive change, and deliver quantifiable production improvements
* Highly motivated and energetic, willing to demonstrate significant ownership in the overall production area
* Ability to lead/supervise a diverse workforce and contractors.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.