Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR - PLANT SHIPPING OFFICE
Marion, OH 43302, USA Req #4724
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
OVERALL POSITION FOCUS
Focus is on processing non-standard orders/requests for transportation and fulfillment activities. General business knowledge, Office suite and transportation/fulfillment process knowledge is desired.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work closely with Fleet Transportation Operations Supervisor to understand fleet processes, transportation compliance, and customer needs.
* Process pre and post order paperwork including Invoicing orders using logistics software tools. Manually adjust routes and additions to meet customer demands and to fully utilize enterprise private fleet resources/equipment.
* Respond both verbally and electronically to customer/business needs inquiries, requests and specifications in a timely manner while meeting key performance metrics and department objectives.
* Gain proficiency through back up training for DOT compliance and process coordinator I and II functions.
* Clarify and Process orders/requests with customers/delivery partners.
* Follow processes and guidelines while implementing creative solutions for our customers
* Responsible for handling and/or escalating basic to complex issues.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or associated with job, such as administrative tasks and miscellaneous filing.
. Strong ability to work as a team member
* Professional telephone skills and etiquette.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Proficient ability to take instructions and work unsupervised.
* Good, positive attitude with the ability to interact effectively with other departments to ensure the accurate completion of the customer order and processes.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
* Performs assignments with general parameters.
* Utilization of multiple resources.
* General knowledge of products/services.
* Works under regular supervision, following instructions and procedures that are well defined, but may require the exercise of some judgment in application
* General knowledge of technical and business tools.
* Demonstrated ability to use personal computer and Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS
* On occasion trains others on processes.
* Assist team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Manufacturing
* Pay Type Hourly