Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
This position assists professional land surveyors by operating survey instruments and collecting information in the field and performing computations. This is primarily a field position, but it may involve some related duties in the office.
* Work primarily in the field in support of energy projects such as natural gas lines and overhead utilities, as well as on control, boundary, right-of-way, topographic and construction surveys, as Party Chief of a one, two or three-person field crew in urban and remote areas
* May perform some office duties, including data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using Trimble Business Center and Civil3D
* Accurately run and adjust survey measuring instruments including level, theodolite, electronic measuring devices, total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities and GPS receivers.
* Perform complex mathematical and geometric calculations including closing and adjusting level loops and field traverses and has a comprehensive understanding of atmospheric impact upon instruments
* Review and/or take accurate and clear notes, by recording survey measurements, descriptive data and sketches
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or GED required including a background in math, geometry and trigonometry; Associate Degree from an approved Surveying Curriculum or related program desirable
* 5+ years survey experience, including 3+ years experience as Survey Party Chief
* LSIT or PLS Certification preferred
* 3D scanning experience desirable
* Must be proficient in the use of total stations, GPS Receivers and data collectors, including Trimble
* AutoCAD/Civil 3D experience desired.
* Must have good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
* Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of plans and specifications
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IND - High