Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Nursing - RN Staff
Are you looking for a great organization to grow your career* Do you thrive in an equitable and inclusive environment* NAVOS IS CURRENTLY SEEKING A FULL-TIME CHARGE NURSE TO WORK IN OUR ADULT INPATIENT PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL, LOCATED IN WEST SEATTLE. If you have strong clinical skills, a passion for community mental health, and helping others then read on...this could be your best job yet!
FTE: 1.0 (40 HRS/WEEK)
ABOUT US: At Navos, we offer a healing home for children, young people and adults who are vulnerable to mental illness and substance use disorders. The Navos mission is to transform the quality of life for the people we serve by providing a broad spectrum of care. We believe that equity and inclusion are vital to living our values and achieving our mission.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
* Function as a Charge Nurse to provide safe and therapeutic care and coordination of services through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
* Responsible for managing the assigned nursing unit(s) on a shift basis to provide safe, efficient and quality patient care. Implement unit programs to meet specific patient care needs.
* Accountable for making assignments, overseeing completion and documentation of same; and/or providing follow-up of all nursing procedures and staff clinical assignments.
* Assist Nurse Manager in supervising unit staff by providing direct supervision with regard to attendance and shift assignments; completing annual performance evaluations; and providing input to Nurse Manager regarding hiring, termination, and disciplinary action.
* Educate staff regarding hospital policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
* Effectively communicate and interface with other departments.
WHAT YOU\'LL BRING:
* Washington State License as a Registered Nurse. BSN preferred.
* Two or more years experience in psychiatric nursing required and one year experience in an acute care setting preferred.
* One year experience as a supervisor preferred.
* Must meet the minimum qualification of a Mental Health Professional as per WAC 275.55.
* Current CPR certification.
WE\'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
* A unique learning opportunity and the chance to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that encourages growth, creative thinking, and contemporary learning.
* 30 days (6 weeks!) Paid Time Off
* 401k package
* Annual training funds
* Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! The perfect home for hikers, ocean lovers, coffee fanatics, foodies, & life-enthusiasts.
Physical Abilities: Patient care delivery involves lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, and stooping requiring upper and lower body strength. Lifting up to 50 lbs. may be required without assistance.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.
Navos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
MultiCare is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V