Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
MORTGAGE - MORTGAGE SERVICING SPECIALIST AT NBH BANK
Virtual Req #1362
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Common sense is more than just banking, and we believe in finding financial solutions that cater specifically to our client s needs. We are looking for talented associates who understand the complexities of life and will offer simple solutions that best fit the needs of our clients.
If this is what you believe in, then you re definitely right for us. And, we might be the right bank for you. JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our clients, associates and/or shareholders.
1. Complete job duties assigned in a timely manner.
2. Process loan documentation using Lending software.
3. Upload, renew, and modify loan information to Servicing software.
4. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of loan documents, interest rate and payment adjustments and loan file documentation.
5. Process loan payments; payoffs and pay-down request.
6. Process payoffs and mortgage releases.
7. Daily balancing of specific general ledger or demand accounts.
8. Print and mail customer correspondence; payment coupons and mailing labels on a daily basis.
9. Follow all established policies and procedures and maintain compliance with all lending regulations.
10. Ensure all disclosures and documents are within Federal and State Law requirements.
11. Demonstrate an ownership attitude by completing tasks not specifically outlined yet still necessary for successful bank operations.
12. Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
13. Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
* High school graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of 1 year of cash handling or bookkeeping experience.
Preferred: * Associate s degree or higher.
* Six months of banking or retail sales.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list. * Excellent customer service skills ability to show tact and diplomacy when dealing with all customers both internal and external.
* Patience when assisting customers.
* Good listening and phone skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER * Attention to detail.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to follow defined processes and procedures.
* Competency in basic mathematical skills.
* Proficient at working with multiple computer and software systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list. * Office setting with traditional hours.
* Standing or sitting for extended periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
* Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
* Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
* Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources. Thank you for your application!
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
The Bank's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. The Bank is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
* Pay Type Hourly