Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Country United States of America
State / County Ohio
City West Chester
Company Mason - Aero
Function Engineering General
Position type Full Time
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date - day Anticipated start date - month Anticipated start date - year October 1 2020
344 Company Profile
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Business Profile PCC Aerostructures manufactures world-class assemblies and components for the global aerospace market. PCC Aerostructures is a vertically integrated Tier II supplier of build-to-print metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Our unique size, reach, experience, culture, and capability enable management of large complex packages; mitigation of natural disaster and capacity risk through multi-site approvals, tooling, and capability; higher efficiencies and productivity; consistent quality and delivery excellence; and significant and ongoing investments. PCC aerostructures and engineered product applications include all wing/fuselage structural parts; engine lock-plates/bracketry; complete passenger/exit doors; major flap support and actuation structures; spars, skins, and bulkheads; swaged control rods, cables, and actuation and flight control assemblies; and complex latches, quick release BALL-LOK pins, and specialized fasteners.
Location Profile Aerostructures - Mason OH
Position Summary The incumbent will work closely with Division Manager of NC Programming, Division Manager of Technical Resources, and NC Team Leads to provide timely and robust work holding designs to support muti-axis machining including but not limited to milling and turning. Design, develop, and validate fixture concepts in CATIA V5. Insure new fixture designs are developed efficiently and meet all PCC Aerostructures standards. Support machining prove out on new fixture designs as well as collaborate with team on fixture design improvements and iterations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Work closely with Division Engineering team members as well as site employees to conceptualize, design, procure, and implement new fixtures and upgrades to existing fixtures.
* Work with outside vendors to procure fixtures.
* Interpret 2D prints for critical part locating requirements as well as using advanced knowledge of GD&T to design fixtures.
* Implement design for manufacture approach when designing fixtures and have an in-depth understanding of how this impacts cost, quality, and lead time of fixtures.
* Use CATIA to develop fixture solid models and detailed prints from 2D drawings, PDF s, and input from the end user.
* Insure that fixture designs are developed in a timely manner, meet the end users requirements, and meet all PCC Aerostructures Division standards.
* Knowledge of Aerospace inspection and manufacturing processes.
* Knowledge of ITAR Compliancy and ISO & QA 9000/9001 Compliancy
* May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as needed.
Experience & Education
* 10+ Years experience in fixture or tooling design for the manufacturing Industry.
* Expert-level knowledge of manufacturing techniques that would be used to produce a fixture design such as (but not limited to) milling, turning, EDM Ram, EDM Wire, and grinding as well as heat treating and post machining finishing options.
* Expert-level knowledge of the manufacturing processes that are used to manufacture aerospace components.
* Expert-level knowledge of metals and alloys that can be used for building fixtures and the ability to specify the correct materials based upon fixture end usage.
* Expert-level print detailing to communicate fixture manufacturing requirements to outside vendors.
* Ability to understand and transfer to 3D space not only the end users needs but also part print requirements when developing a fixture design.
* Ability to research components that could be used or needed for a fixture design.
* Ability to work with outside sources to determine new or correct components needed for a fixture design.
* Ability to multi-task and change priorities based upon business needs.
* Knowledge of aerospace alloys and the impact these alloys have on machining forces, fixture robustness, and fixture degradation.
* Ability to present fixture designs to large groups for design review before procuring the fixture.
* Knowledge of CATIA V5 Mechanical Design suite as well as being open to learning other CATIA suites and software s when designs require.
* Vericut Experience
* FEA simulation experience
* Ability to demonstrate good manufacturing practices when designing a fixture
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.