Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Leads and provides oversight and guidance to ensure that assignments or projects are completed such that stated objectives/desired outcomes/results are met in compliance with the stated timeline/deadline for completion.
* Proactively anticipates challenges and recommends effective options to complete assigned tasks, projects, team efforts to completion.
* Develops professional, creative, and engaging training content materials for Patient Registration, both hospital based and OP Center based, all functional areas of the Business Office, and Physician Office practices based on most current knowledge of widely accepted best practices for adult learning and job training.
* Conducts online learning courses, classroom training, in-service training, post training job performance assessments, and focused re-training of employees.
* Demonstrates professional leadership skills in verbal, written, and interpersonal communications and relationships.
* Works autonomously to manage assigned projects, tasks, team functions, training courses scheduled to complete to desired outcome in required timeframe, using appropriate judgment and decision making and demonstrating resourcefulness.
* Functional areas supported: Pre-registration, Registration (Hospital, Outpatient Centers, Physician Practices), Financial Counseling, PBX, Room Control, Denials Management, Audit, Commercial Collections, Customer Service, Commercial Reimbursement, Self Pay Collections, Insurance Verifications, Financial Assistance, other Revenue Cycle functions.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
* Education Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent and (6) years of healthcare revenue cycle leadership experience in area relevant to assigned area (Patient Access, Business Office, or Physician Practice) OR Associates degree in Business, Health Administration, or Education with 4 years of Healthcare revenue cycle. OR Bachelors degree in Business, Health Administration or Education with 2 years of leadership experience in area relevant to assigned area (Patient Access, Business Office, or Physician Practice)
* Two (2) years of professional, structured training and education course development or relevant teaching experience.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; must score in high range on pre-screening communication skills aptitude assessment.
* Proven high level of knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle systems.
* Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel, and Outlook) or equivalent; must score in high range on pre-screening communication skills aptitude assessment.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION PREFERRED
* Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Education, or related field is strongly preferred.
* Healthcare revenue cycle leadership experience in area relevant to assigned area (Patient Access, Business Office, or Physician Practice) is strongly preferred.
* Professional, structured training and education course development for revenue cycle training courses is strongly preferred.
* Functional knowledge of Cerner healthcare system.
* CHAA (Certified Healthcare Access Associate), CPAR (Certified Patient Account Representative), CRCR (Certified Revenue Cycle Representative), or CHFP (Certified Healthcare Finance Professional).
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: No
WORK HOURS: 7a-3:45p
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: No
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No.
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.