Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Performs scheduling function in a high volume fully computerized environment. Acts as a professional liaison for staff, other hospital personnel, medical staff, and physicians offices. Requires general knowledge of radiological procedures, exam preparations, exam sequencing and other related functions. Additional skills required include typing, strong customer service and problem solving.POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. Demonstrated knowledge of Medical terminology
2. Three (3) years previous medical related clerical experience or an associate s degree
3. Demonstrated organizational and communication/customer service skills
4. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in utilization of computer application
5. Demonstrated problem-solving skills
1. Previous experience in hospital/medical office scheduling environment.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the use of a computerized scheduling system
3. Associate Degree
4. Prior experience in insurance precertification
5. Experience interfacing with physician offices, other organization departments, and third party payers.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with individuals in all levels of responsibility.
7. Ability to work independently.
8. Ability to type 40 words per minute
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: No
WORK HOURS: Varies
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: No
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No.
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.