Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Title for this position: Application Support Specialist
Onsite: yes, once restrictions are lifted
Duration: 6+ months
This position is located in Boston, MA
This Application Support Specialist that will be part of an agile development/support team, helping end users with the operation and functionality of software applications currently used within the specific programs.
Organization anticipates utilizing a hybrid project management methodology incorporating both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum to organize cross-functional teams.
* Provide expertise and technical knowledge about an application or suite of applications
* Answer queries and resolve issues with software applications and escalate or close tickets as necessary
* Able to interpret and appropriately triage IT issues reported by users
* Respond to email messages for customers seeking help and provide on-call tech support to an application's users
* Ask questions to determine nature of problem
* Walk customer through problem-solving process
* Train users on specific applications and document creation
* Maintain, troubleshoot, resolve issues/bugs as they arise and ensure timely resolution
* Develop test cases and scenarios in order to pinpoint the root cause of product bugs
* Work closely with the development and business analyst team and assign tickets accordingly to project team
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams
* Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
* Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
* High attention to detail
* Exhibit excellent verbal and communication skills
* Learn new technologies if requested
* Minimum BA/BS with 2+ years of professional IT experience
* Proven problem-solving skills
* Strong experience with problem solving skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
* Exposure to the following technologies is a plus:
* Service Desk Solutions
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.