Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Ryerson Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to join our processing facility in Ambridge, PA.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be required to manage a workforce in safety, productivity, warehousing, quality, and housekeeping, through use of established procedures and processes. Must also have the ability to convey message both orally and written to all levels of the company.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Direct the efficient function of the plant.
- Understand production goals and implement actions to meet these objectives.
- Supervise the filling of time sensitive orders.
- Provide leadership to direct reports through coaching and counseling.
- Problem solving by utilizing the floor team.
- Understands quality goals and objectives and implement the actions to fulfill these goals.
- Supports company policy, goals and objectives.
- Ensure all training is effectively carried out and oversee completion of said training.
- Communicate with other on-site departments and with other Ryerson locations.
- Understand customer requirements, participates and advise on decisions regarding the suitability of material and processing capabilities.
- Provide direction and coaching in safe work practices.
- Support safety goals.
- Review unsafe work practices and ensure corrective actions are carried out to eliminate workplace hazards.
* High School Diploma/GED required
* Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
* 1-3 years supervisory experience in a warehouse setting
* Knowledge of various employment laws (i.e, OHSA) and government regulations (i.e., DOT)
* Knowledge of all warehouse machine and equipment operations
* Knowledge in Slitting, Cut to length, oxy fuel cutting, plasma cutting, and laser cutting a plus.
* Certifications in training obtained, e.g. fork lift, crane, first aid, a plus.
* Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
* Experience working in a team-focused environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.