Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Type: Full Time
It's our talented people who make the difference at SAC. They are passionate about helping our customers stay connected. We are growing our ranks every week and winning the attention of new customers. We operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused, integrity-driven environment where ideas are encouraged and celebrated. There is an opportunity to build, create, and improve while learning and growing. We aim to provide careers for our associates who are eager to take their job to the next level. You will be part of a diverse workforce with a company headquartered in Chicago that is part of an ever-changing wireless industry. Join SAC and come lead the change to a connected world!
The Associate Electrician will work alongside the licensed Electrician on a daily basis supporting both civil and tower site construction crews in the installation, maintenance and decommission of electrical systems. Taking direction from the Electrician, this individual will work with AC/DC power to assemble and install electrical equipment. All duties must be performed in accordance with OSHA, NAFTA 70E & NEC guidelines and other worker safety standards while keeping high quality, accountability and budget timelines in mind.
* Work on and around electrical components including but not limited to conduit (cutting, threading, bending and fabricating) installations, cabling, grounding and various connectors.
* Work on de-energized circuits, with exposure to energized circuits.
* Installation and decommission of batteries.
* Install, modify and fabricate cables according to specifications.
* Perform trenching, site layout and digging ditches.
* Prepare materials for daily projects: prep truck and trailer with necessary items to complete scheduled build.
* Minimum 6 months electrical experience.
* Must be open to 60% out of market travel and working in an outdoor environment.
* One year of electrical schooling (industrial, commercial, or IBEW training) preferred, but not required.
* Ability to use hand tools, power tools, other construction equipment and machinery, and work from blueprints on a daily basis.
* Technical understanding/ability.
* Use job related equipment and facilities properly, including the maintenance of tools and work sites.
* Safety conscious.
* Desire and ability to learn new skills in a face paced environment.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and workflow.
* Acute attention to details with solid communication skills.
* Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
* Full Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, etc)
* Quarterly incentive bonuses
* Opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
* Paid uniforms and top of the line fleet of trucks and trailers with state-of-the-art tooling, test gear, and equipment..
Equal employment opportunity continues to be a fundamental principle at SAC, where employment is based soley upon personal capabilities and qualifications. Accordingly, equal employment opportunity, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, is assured for all employees and job applicants, regardless of age, color, disability, martial status, military status, ethnic or national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, training, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation and benefits.