Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
It s an exciting time at PAC Worldwide
With the rise in e-commerce, it s a great time to be in the essential industry of flexible packaging! Our packaging is used in the delivery of goods such as books, gifts, parts, paperwork, medicine, household items, clothing, food and more. PAC Worldwide is experiencing tremendous growth and we are proud to provide good, stable jobs in safe environments.
From competitive benefits, to our employee-first company values, we are committed to investing in the people we care about. We now have a formal program for team members to move up in their roles, as well as opportunities to share in PAC s growth. We invite you to learn more!
The Senior Accountant maintains records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability and other financial activities within the organization. Maintain general ledger as needed, analyze financial data in order to prepare financial reports. Generate and interpret financial records and statements for management and ownership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists with the general ledger month end close and presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis for various companies.
* Prepares month end journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation for assigned areas and performs monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
* Performs GAAP research as needed.
* Prepares and analyzes monthly and quarterly accruals and records journal entries as needed.
* Reconciles and audits corporate expense accounts and analyzes and explains actual to budget variances
* Enters intercompany accounts payable invoices and reconciliation of intercompany accounts at month end
* Prepares calculation of bank compliance ratios and borrowing base and other bank reports as necessary
* Sales tax research and compliance
* Prepare sales tax reconciliations and filings
* Initiation of CertCapture campaign along with maintenance of CertCapture program
* Assist with preparation of audit and tax schedules
* Assist with consolidation of monthly financial statements
* Other duties as assigned
* Proficiency in the use of computer business applications, with working knowledge of computerized accounting systems
* Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, maintain attention to detail and accuracy
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
Education and/or Experience
* 4 year degree in Accounting
* At least 2-4 years of experience in Accounting role
* Public audit experience preferable but not required
* CPA is a plus
* Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
* Able to speak, read and write English
* Maintains confidentiality.
* Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may not exist
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral format
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and must occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately noisy.
PAC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.