Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.Performs complex administrative office duties involving report generations, budgetary assistance, and completing special projects in order to provide secretarial services to the EVP, Off-Campus Operations.
- Must have two years of secretarial training from a Secretarial School and seven years of
secretarial experience; OR,
- Must have ten years of advanced secretarial experience.
- Prefer prior experience working with a Board of Managers.
- Prefer certification as a Certified Professional Secretary (CPS).
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to type 50 words-per-minute with a maximum of three errors.
- Must be able to successfully pass the Intermediate-level Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
tests, as established by Workforce Planning & Recruitment, with a minimum score of 90%.
- Must successfully pass the established Telephone Skills and Customer Service tests with a
minimum score of 80%.
- Must have excellent vocabulary skills and a demonstrated ability in English and grammar.
- Must be able to compose correspondence independently.
- Must be familiar with the operations of standard office equipment and health care
- Must be able to write effectively.
- Must be able to demonstrate good phone techniques and manners.
- Must be familiar with the assigned function's operations, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to use sound judgment in making complex decisions.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.