Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Associate Drainage Engineer - Transportation Infrastructure - Atlanta, Georgia
Parsons is now hiring an Associate Drainage Engineer to support various transportation infrastructure projects primarily in Georgia and South Carolina.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
In this role: you will be engaged in engineering drainage and irrigation designs, hydraulic systems modeling, and drainage calculations, and have the opportunity to be mentored and trained by more experienced engineers. You will review construction details, as well as erosion control drawings. Perform quantity calculations and produce/check engineering analytical data and related information to assure the design and any technical reports are accurate
* Will develop the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, create the design and some planning the work, , and reporting the work status.
* Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
* Provides support for other engineering activities as required. This role will be under the supervision and mentorship of more experienced engineering staff.
* Provides input and technical support to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and other Engineers working on the same project.
* 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or a related field) is required.
* Advanced Degree or internship experience with hydrology/drainage is desirable
* Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate is strongly preferred
* Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
* Experience supporting drainage & culvert design, or scour analysis a plus.
* Any combination of experience with hydraulic modeling programs of HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HY-8, Bentley InRoads Storm & Sanitary, Bentley StormCAD, , Bentley FlowMaster, or HEC-18 is a plus.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://parsoncorporation.contacthr.com/77448940.jpg /