Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world class organization* Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we*
SOLitude Lake Management - a proud member of the Rentokil family of companies - provides aquatic management services to lakes, ponds, reservoirs, and wetlands. SOLitude offers a wide variety of services including fishery programs, algae and aquatic weed control, mechanical harvesting/hydro-raking, installation/maintenance of fountains and aeration systems, and water quality testing.
What do our Aquatic Technicians do*
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Treat for algae, submersed and floating weeds, shoreline weeds, non-desirable buffer vegetation, and any other unwanted vegetation.
* Service fountains, aerators, fisheries, sonic solutions, and all other related equipment maintenance.
* Conduct water sampling when needed for water quality analysis.
* Service customer's ponds and lakes as required to provide superior quality and service in the fulfillment of all company contracts, service orders, and other related customer needs.
* Remove nuisance, invasive vegetation through manual removal efforts (occasionally).
* Work with experienced specialists to gain knowledge regarding all aspects of water body management.
What do we offer*
* World class training of the latest industry best practices
* Competitive Compensation and advancement opportunities
* Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
* Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
* Company Vehicle & Uniforms provided
* Short and long-term disability
* Life Insurance
What do you need*
* High school diploma or GED
* Degree in related science preferred
* 0-2 years' experience in an environmental related field
* Ability to obtain all state licenses required to perform the role
* Aptitude in using various hand tools
* Ability to follow established procedures and practices
* Commitment to all health and safety guidelines
* Effective verbal and listening communication skills
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Mechanically inclined
* Ability to swim
* Ability to trailer and operate aquatic vessels (preferred)
* Knowledge of aquatic vegetation (preferred)
* The work requires strenuous physical exertion and the employee may be required to drive, stand, walk, bend, climb, kneel and crouch for extended periods of time, as well as see, talk, hear and use hands and arms to grasp, handle, reach and feel.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
* Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you*
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
* English Version - Revised November 2009
* Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
* English (Formatted)
* English (Unformatted)