Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
Poly is seeking a Paralegal to join our legal team. In this position you will be responsible for supporting global legal initiatives for the Poly Legal team which may include corporate, securities, governance, operations, employment, compliance, y and special projects to be assigned by the Corporate Paralegal and Chief of Staff to the Chief Legal Officer. This position will be located in San Jose and/or Santa Cruz, California.
* Drafting and/or reviewing various Legal/HR policies.
* Conducting global legal research.
* Support with the development and implementation of compliance and risk mitigation programs, processes and documentation including the design and development of training, awareness, tracking and monitoring programs.
* Provide corporate support, including prepare and file documentation, prepare and maintain data for SEC filings, research and prepare documentation for the formation and maintenance of corporate entities, prepare and track paperwork for mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions, amendments and withdrawals, draft corporate resolutions and related documents, organize minute books, and maintain and manage databases.
* Scale processes by creating and updating internal templates, policies, guidelines, and playbooks across a broad range of topics.
* Handle highly confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
* Prioritize people, projects and situations with professionalism and patience.
* Anticipate needs and proactively resolve potential problems.
* BS/BA degree
* Recent college graduates encouraged to apply; prior paralegal experience is a plus but not required.
* Adaptability to change, ability to prioritize issues under time pressure, flexibility and desire to work on a variety of legal matters and contemplate multiple solutions to issues, excellent communication, organizational and computer skills, attention to detail, exceptional judgment, initiative to investigate new ways to improve processes, manage and drive complex global projects.
* Highly motivated, organized, collaborative and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
No relocation offered
Thrive at Poly because you are joining:
* A global team, united by our innovative products, making an impact toward creating amazing new ways to hear, to see, to work, and to work together.
* A company who believes a distributed workforce is the present and the future. We leverage our great products, so employees can work in an environment that makes them most connected and productive, no matter where they are.
* People who are passionate about creating excellence for our customers, and for each other. We re in this adventure together!
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
We give you the opportunity to drive your career and development as you want it to. We will also offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme as well as a variety of flexible benefits to suit you that include annual leave, pension scheme, Life Assurance, Dental, and Medical etc.
Your application may be subject to a background check, in accordance with local legislation.