Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing Services (DNS), the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) provides direction to clinical team members in the delivery of daily nursing services and ensures compliance in accordance with nursing and regulatory standards. The ADON is responsible to plan, organize, develop and direct all clinical training and educational programs at the care center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports the Director of Nursing (DNS) with the management of the clinical department, including providing leadership, training and evaluation for clinical team members.
* Determines and assesses facility clinical training and educational needs, develops an educational plan and reports education program updates to the Administrator and DNS. Ensures that the clinical training and education programs maximize staff competency and clinical outcomes.
* Assumes responsibility for directing the in-service educational programs and completing competency skills annually and as needed.
* Coordinates the onboarding and orientation programs for newly hired clinical team members. Directs the Preceptor and/or mentor programs for new employees.
* Partners with DNS to support clinical recruitment, staffing and retention initiatives.
* Assists with daily staff scheduling, filling absences, assigning overflow staff, and/or rearranging assignments as needed to assure the highest practicable level of physical and psychosocial wellbeing for each resident and to meet the state and federal regulations.
* Partners with clinical team to assist with new admissions, transfers, discharges, investigations and resident care planning ensuring related documentation is current, signed, and the recordkeeping meets the policies and procedures.
* Observes, audits and reviews resident s condition, status, and care requirements and takes appropriate action to assure care needs are met.
* Partners with the DNS to maintain compliance with applicable federal, state and local standards and regulations and completes quality care and compliance audits.
* Assists in the management of the Infection Control Program and Antibiotic Stewardship including acting as an Infection Preventionists (as required) and completing specialized training in infection control. Provides training to staff on infection control practices, investigates and reports incidents of infection and tracks infection data.
* Tracks and maintain team member credentials including but not limited to licensure, Hepatitis B and TB, in accordance with Prestige policy and state and federal regulations.
* Participates in leadership team by actively contributing in decision making, grievance follow up, building and company-wide initiatives and attending leadership team meetings such as daily stand up Managing Acute Care Conditions (MACC), Nutrition at Risk (NAR), Utilization Review (UR), Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) and other meetings as required
* Participates in the manager on duty and clinical on-call rotation as assigned; including weekend on-call duties and covering clinical shifts as necessary to ensure resident care needs are met.
* Attends and participates in continuing education programs keeping CEUs credits up to date and attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBLITIES:
* Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Trust.
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
* Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* The Assistant Director of Nursing must have a current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of practice. Minimum of one year working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies. One year in supervisory or management position, with experience with staff development, training and scheduling preferred. Ability to creatively problem solve in both resident care and employee management situations. Individual must be a team player, well organized, and flexible.
* The Assistant Director of Nursing must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Associate Degree in Nursing.
Park Forest Care Center::
Tucked away behind the big, beautiful rhododendron bushes and within a landscaped woodland setting, Park Forest is a quiet skilled nursing and rehabilitation center located just off Interstate 205. We are within a few miles of Portland Providence Medical Center, Adventist Medical Center just over five miles Legacy Emanuel Hospital. Our center is close to the foot of Portland s Rocky Butte and behind The Grotto (NE Portland Catholic Sanctuary):
Prestige Care in about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below::
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following::
Medical, dental, and vision coverage:
Employer paid group life and ADD insurance:
401(k) plan with company match:
Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays:
Employee Assistance Program:
Commitment to career development and continuing education:
Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement:
Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!:
*Benefits may vary by location: