Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Posting Title Electronic Engineer I Requisition Number 201649 Location El Segundo, California Zip Code 90245 Job Category Engineering
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It s our heritage and it s also our future. Because we don t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Are you an Electronics Engineer who loves to create interesting contraptions and make cool stuff* Here s an opportunity to work with some of the finest designers and engineers in the toy industry, all supporting all Mattel brands including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Monster High, Radica and our Entertainment properties such as Max Steel, Dark Knight, and WWE.
What Your Impact Will Be:
* Design, prototyping, and troubleshooting analog and digital electronic circuits.
* The vision and perseverance to take ideas from concept through development and into production.
* Self-starter, self-motivating, self- directing, and self-managing and a strong team player
* Project management skills; the ability to lead, multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
* Familiarity with any of the following: ARM, C, C++, Embedded Systems, or Audio/ Visual Assets
* Experience with electromechanical systems
* Proficiency with software development for embedded systems both with Assembly code and higher-level language a must
* Ability to work cross-functionally with Design, Project Management, and Packaging, etc.
* Basic understanding of mechanical systems is highly desirable.
What We\'re Looking For:
* Electrical Engineering or Electronics Technician background is strongly preferred
* Ability to effectively pitch toy concepts to peers and upper management
* Experience with China-based vendors
* Familiar with plastics
WHAT IT S LIKE TO WORK HERE:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
* WE COLLABORATE: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
* WE INNOVATE: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
* WE EXECUTE: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
WHO WE ARE:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.