Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Assists in providing age-specific, pediatric through geriatric patient centered care, under the direct supervision of the RN.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED is preferred. Medical Terminology course or equitable experience.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: CNA active and in good standing on the State of Maine CNA Registry. Medical Assistant certification or similar experience (i.e. phlebotomy skills, ability to perform 12-lead EKGs) is strongly preferred. BLS within six months of hire.
* EXPERIENCE: Six months acute care strongly preferred. Surgical care experience helpful.
* Professional Development: Attends and participates in mandatory hospital in-service programs annually.
* Communicates self-learning needs to supervisor.
* Excellent communication skills
* Proficient computer skills
* Understanding and application of medical terminology
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.