Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Position Summary
* Under the direction of physicians, this position is responsible for assisting with total patient care by performing clinical duties, responding to patient telephone inquiries, and coordinating care both at the office and at outside facilities. An Ambulatory Care RN I is an advanced beginner in professional nursing. This nurse is a new RN with less than 12 months of professional nursing experience.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
* License/Certifications: Active State of Maine Nursing License or eligible for licensure. Current BLS required.
* BSN preferred.
* Experience: N/A
* Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure and functions; and community resources.
* Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
* Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
* Ability to read and interpret physicians orders and notes from other providers.
* Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results.
* Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
* Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Proficient computer skills.
* In accordance with the Ambulatory Care Nursing Advancement Program, a RN I who meets or exceeds all of the criteria and requirements at the 12 month performance evaluation date, will be appointed to the RN II position by the Clinical or Practice Manager.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.