Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Location Renfro -Mt Airy DC - Mt Airy, NC
Position Type Full Time
Education Level High School
Job Shift 1st Shift
Job Category Distribution - Shipping
UPS/FEDEX SCALE Operator
Operate UPS, Post office and FedEx shipping systems to process cartons for shipping. Print and apply labels to cartons. Stack cartons on and off a conveyor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conscientious of accuracy in work assignment, detail oriented.
* Work well with diverse groups of people of different cultures and ethnicity
* Willingness to work weekends and overtime as needed.
* Meet Company guidelines for attendance.
* Flexibility to adapt to changing customer and distribution center needs.
* Work in a fast paced, teamwork environment.
* Work with minimal supervision, leadership capabilities a must to complete production deadlines and promote a cohesive work atmosphere.
* Good housekeeping practices
* Must follow all Safety & PPE guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Strong reading skills.
* Proficient in UPS WorldShip, FedEx Ship Manager
* Must be able to communicate with Office, Warehouse personnel and Supervisors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Lift and carry up to 45 lbs, 50% of the time.
* Carry up to 1 lb, 50 % of the time.
* Standing 60%, Walking 30 % of the time.
* Manual Dexterity ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, bend, and
* Use hydraulic pallet jack.
* Must have excellent vision
* Work in close proximity of load lifting and moving machinery. Being conscious of surrounding sounds, i.e. forklift horns and possible sirens.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Generally, will work in non-climate-controlled warehouse environment.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer at any time with or without notice. AA/EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without race, color, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected characteristics.*