Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Shore United Bank is looking for an experienced BSA Officer to join our team. This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing the internal Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Program within the bank. The BSA Officer will also ensure the company is adhering to the appropriate policies and procedures, consumer regulations, and federal and state banking regulations.
* Develop, maintain, and manage the internal BSA/AML/OFAC compliance program and support overall Bank compliance.
* Assess compliance risks and implement monitoring controls appropriate for the defined risk.
* Prepare BSA/AML Risk Assessment by identifying the risk profile of the bank and analyzing the information to better assess the risks identified and mitigate any gaps in controls.
* Monitor and test adherence to regulations and implementation of follow-up activities.
* Ensure all required regulatory reporting is conducted in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
* Responsible for formulating, implementing, updating, and reviewing assigned Bank policies and procedures with regards to regulatory requirements.
* Stay abreast of changes in laws and regulations and communicate changes to management and bank personnel.
* Coordinate compliance training.
* Prepare for audits and examinations, respond to auditors and regulators in a timely manner, and researches, responds, and corrects findings.
* Maintain appropriate records and provide assigned reports as needed.
* Communicate with the Bank s Board of Directors and/or Executive Management on assigned compliance matters.
* Attention to detail
* Time Management
* Problem Solver
* Organizational Skills
* Team Player
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position, Monday through Friday.
Required Education and Experience
* A Bachelor s Degree in a related field of study required, or equivalent in experience.
* A minimum of 5 years experience in a BSA or compliance role required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Strong understanding of bank policies and procedures.
* Strong knowledge of federal and state banking regulations.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities daily.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Proficient computer skills; specifically, Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
* Knowledge of Jack Henry and BSA/AML monitoring programs such as YellowHammer or Verafin.
* BSA/AML or Compliance certifications (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified AML & Fraud Professional (CAFP), Certified Enterprise Risk Professional (CERP), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
* ABA, BSA or Compliance schools/courses
This position requires local area travel to attend ongoing training, community events, and staff meetings.
* Join a family and community-oriented workplace that offers a team environment, along with a collaborative and friendly place to work
* Comprehensive benefits packing including health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, long-term care insurance, company paid life insurance, and much more!
* 401k savings plan with up to a 4% company match
* Employee perks such as: employee banking services, loan discount program, tuition reimbursement, career development program, Employee Assistance Program, and wellness initiatives.
* Opportunity for growth and advancement
* Paid training program and continuous training sessions throughout the year on various topics
* Generous paid time off and paid sick time
* Community involvement opportunities
Shore United Bank is a full-service community bank with a rich history dating back to 1876. In excess of one billion in assets, we offer innovative financial services delivered with the personal touch you expect from a community bank. We serve a broad geographic area with branches in Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia, and we also provide a comprehensive suite of digital banking services that allow you to bank with us no matter where life takes you.
In addition to banking, we offer trust and wealth management services through Wye Financial & Trust, a division of Shore United Bank. Together, our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve your financial goals.
Shore United Bank: Good things are happening here.
Shore United Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Shore United Bank is an E-Verify participant. Read More