Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Shop Mechanic fabricates, assembles, and manufactures cremation equipment, accessory equipment, and component items as instructed. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Layout and fits together and welds mostly pre-cut parts.
* Installs high-temperature fire brick refractory lining and cement.
* Assists and/or performs electrical, plumbing, painting, and applications.
* Assembles components and connections as directed by process and procedures.
* Installs components as required by prints.
* Completes any given task within the allotted time and maintains a clean and orderly work area during and upon completion of tasks.
* Understands and can perform job responsibilities performed by helpers and assists others as requested or instructed.
* Possess a mechanical aptitude and adapts and/or learns quickly.
* Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Associate's Degree in manufacturing or related field from a technical school
* 1+ years of previous manufacturing or assembly experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Advanced blueprint reading, layout, and fitting skills.
* Advanced welding and cutting skills, ARC & MIG, and Plasma for the plate, sheet, pipe, and structural steels.
* Knowledgeable of all types of refractory and insulation, their applications, and the ability to implement use in all types of units.
* Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
* Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
* Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
* Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
* Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews Marking Systems is a global supplier of printing solutions for product identification, branding, and traceability. We offer robust and reliable systems of unmatched quality for marking needs across packaging and industrial applications, including a full line of high-resolution inkjet, laser, and drop-on-demand valve jet technologies, high-performance inks, and integrated solutions for marking and coding automation. With over 160 years of marking and coding experience, we ve established a global reputation as a premier innovator and manufacturer in the marking and coding industry. Matthews Marking Systems is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.