Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Are you mechanically inclined* Do you love troubleshooting and fixing things* Are you looking for a great entry level opportunity to use your skills and strengths to train for the career you can grow in*
Are you our next Fire Safety Service Technician*
You will provide technical equipment support and identify equipment discrepancies. You will prepare accurate and timely reports. You will provide customer service in the area of inspecting, testing, maintenance and repair of Life Safety Equipment to include but not limited to fire extinguishers, fire hose, Gas Detection Monitors, SCBA etc. You will need to have a basic knowledge of regulatory standards pertaining to assigned duties; i.e., State, OSHA, NFPA regulations and guidelines.
* We require a minimum of one year experience in the petrochemical industry; Inspection, Testing, Maintenance and Repair of Life Safety Equipment experience a plus!
* Ability to repair and service equipment sold by Vallen.
* Advanced Industry segment knowledge.
* Current Motor Vehicle License with good driving record.
* Commercial Driver s License required if carrying loads of hazardous materials.
* Proficient with hand tools.
* Able to complete repairs and maintenance of equipment in a timely and accurate manner.
* Able to provide assistance, advice and training to Vallen associates and plant personnel.
About Vallen Safety Services
Vallen Safety Services offers inspection, testing & maintenance, safety rentals, turnaround services, training, instrumentation, fire equipment, fall protection, safety showers, eyewashes and more. Along with our service offerings, we also provide the highest quality of Industrial Fire Protection Services (LSS) in the industry today. We operate from 50+ service centers strategically located throughout North America. With more than 200 mobile service units, we provide monthly inspections and repairs on site at our customer locations. Hundreds of our certified and professionally trained technicians will only perform work according to the local, state and federal regulations and manufacturers guidelines. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits*
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.