Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100 Places to Work."
Assists in the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the operations and patient care of designated areas. Serves as a clinical resource for staff and patients in the department. Functions as a staff nurse in the department as needed. Assumes managerial duties delegated by a manager. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
* Assists clinical staff with patient care and unit activities. Facilitates staff nurse attendance at meetings. Interfaces with medical staff, patients family members, department heads and other personnel as necessary. Participates in planning and performance of educational training and orientation of unit staff, advises staff on procedures and policies.
* Assists in planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of patient care. Participates in unit quality improvement activities. Supervises clinical activities. Directs staff and responds to unanticipated and sudden changes in individual patient's condition. May participate in hiring, termination, evaluation and disciplining of employees and maintenance of anecdotal records for each employee. Assists in the orientation of new employees to unit.
* Participates in the supervision of unit operations by performing delegated duties such as development of staffing schedules, planning of unit inservices, conducting staff meetings, developing budget and departmental activity reports, and setting overall departmental goals and objectives. Collaborates with the manager in the development and control of department budget, assuring accuracy of time and attendance records and resource utilization.
* Participates in bedside clinical activities at least once per month with Tiered Float Pool coworker.
* Facilitates the Unit Council meetings and activities.
* Participates in Nursing and Medical Center committees as assigned. Attends appropriate workshops and inservice programs.
Education: Associate's Degree or Diploma in Nursing with willingness to obtain BSN.
Licensure: Must have either a current RN Temporary Permit/RN license in the State of Missouri.
Experience: Two or three years experience required in patient care.
Education: BS degree in nursing management or healthcare business-related field preferred.
Experience: Supervisory or management experience strongly preferred, but not required.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.