Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
SEAL REPAIR TECHNICIAN 4
North America, USA, Texas, Pasadena
After Sales Service & Repair
With limited to no supervision, the Seal Repair Technician 4 is able to instruct, direct and assists others within the group. Has the Ability to perform / assess all departmental activities and actively participate in the Continuous Improvement activities. The Seal Repair Technician 4 will provide performance updates, skills and quality evaluations, and improvement opportunities which would be related to departmental/continuous goals. Complies with divisional and site Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
Responsible for all processes related to disassembly and assembly of mechanical seals. The Seal Repair Technician 4 provides training / instruction to Seal Repair Technician 1, 2, & 3. Duties & Responsibilities
* On an as needed basis, performs as back-up to the Group Leader Seal Repair
* Work under the Group Leader Seal Repair, with little to no supervision
* May instruct, directs and assist seal repair group on proper operation
* May train and assist other employees in the correct and most efficient method of doing their work
* Actively support any training and departmental activities and support continuous improvement activities.
* Receives John Crane parts and materials returned by customers and branch offices. Evaluates from condition of material, checks current drawing revisions and general product knowledge whether material is repairable or non-repairable.
* Identifies and inspects material returned
* May perform parts structuring, check cost structure and determines price of repair, ensures assembly is structured correctly and price repair.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. The Individual
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 8 years mechanical seals experience/or comparable experience with the refining, petrochemical, chemical, power, or upstream markets working on or maintaining equipment and 6 months to 1 year on the job training.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
* Ability to write simple correspondence
* Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divid with 10's and 100's
* Ability to understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field. About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD ( 830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.