Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
PROJECT SALES MANAGER, AMERICAS
North America, USA, Texas, Houston
Assure the JC long term business objectives by winning the largest number of International Projects focusing on those market sectors determined as strategic to the business to guarantee the necessary future revenue flows in the Aftermarket business.
We therefore need a group of Project Sales Managers that will manage the regional activities and will co-ordinate the actions together with the Geo-market organization by leveraging on current customer relationship and enhancing our Global Business capabilities.
This role is one of those PSMs responsible for Projects and EPC accounts in Americas. Duties & Responsibilities
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* In close contact with the Global Projects Director, support the Global First Fit strategy including ensuring that we win those regional projects considered to be strategic to JC
* Identify regional strategic projects, propose specific project strategy and co-ordinate internal activities (including submission of Investment proposals)
* Identify and influence key regional decision makers on projects (EU s, EPC s & OEM s) to gain John Crane specification for target projects * Support and drive up-selling activity in co-operation with Engineered OEM / End User teams
* Direct responsibility for managing EPC s Account Managers in the Region (2 in USA, 1 in Canada)
* Responsible for supporting EPC Account Managers to enhance business relationship with EPCs in the region
* Establish Key Performance Indicators for EPC s Account Managers and set up development plan
* Active promotion and utilization of CRM System to manage project, to support EPC account management and to support project coordination with EU and OEM sales team as a sales communication tool
* Propose commercial and technical strategy by projects with focus on IC preferred products list in coordination with Application Engineering team (CPG, Global Engineering)
* Enhance JC product portfolio by expanding the offers to Turbo products (Gas seals, Panels, Filters), Couplings, JC Sense etc.
* Work with the Regional Managing Directors to assure and improve communication and co-ordination and align local project strategy
* Assure an active support to the End Users territories so that aftermarket business of the projects can be captured and properly tracked
* Engage and collaborate with other John Crane business teams (such as John Crane Business Solutions and Turbo Machinery Teams) to ensure the full range of Product and Services are promoted via the EPC and End Users on targeted Projects
* Keep close communication with JC Supply Chain Organization to ensure proper information to manage the OPS capacity
* Support Project Delivery Group for smooth execution of the project management without failure
* Prepare business forecasts and provide effective support for Budgets preparation and further revisions
* Prepare and distribute relevant reports on the Regional activities
* Direct responsibility for Bidding Team under the Bidding Team Leader
* Ensure business is conducted ethically
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. The Individual
* Minimum eight years of relevant Project Sales experience
* Degree educated in a technical discipline (Chemical Eng or Mechanical Eng)
* Proved experience in International Projects / Eng OEMs management together with a rotating equipment experience
* In-depth understanding of Oil and Gas / Petrochemical business
* Excellent team skills and the ability to achieve goals & objectives through skillful influence Excellent communication & presentation skills, both verbal and written
* Commercially very astute with good understanding of finance
* Full availability for extensive traveling
* Good knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including MS Project
* Fluent in English and possibly a second foreign language
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field. About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD ( 830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.