Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
CUSTOMER RELIABILITY ENGINEER II
North America, USA, Texas, Pasadena
After Sales Service & Repair
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do it is our legacy. Our core values respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future. Job Description
Works on-site at a customer facility(s) and the local John Crane office, directly coordinates, schedules and participates in work with the customer to comply with the "partnership agreement." Troubleshoots by investigating problems related to product performance and application specific criteria. Makes less complex and routine seal and equipment recommendations utilizing standard engineering judgment and responsibility to resolve customer inquiries. Travel as required performing duties and working directly with customers. Duties & Responsibilities
* Reviews customer applications and makes specific recommendations.
* Troubleshoots specific customer applications and analyzes, evaluates, and rectifies seal operation problems and failures.
* Improves MTBR and reduces material costs.
* Reduces inventory by establishing standards for reduction, minimizing variances found in the physical inventory and optimizing inventory levels.
* Communicates orally and in writing with customers, company personnel, and vendors providing counseling, recommendations, and technical assistance.
* May include making both technical and commercial presentations to customers or management.
* Assists and directs development of customer seal standardization programs.
* Also, assist developing inventory management programs that are to be implemented by customers.
* Solves problems on existing installations pro-actively. Negotiates with customers and sales personnel regarding material changes or modifications of customer equipment, seal, or auxiliary equipment.
* Help customers find and define productivity improvements obtained through seal upgrades.
* Approves overall seal and component part design and materials, proposals, layouts, installation, assembly and detail drawings.
* Prepares reports and recommendations to management and assist in development and management of partnership programs.
* Devise and recommend new approaches to problems encountered in assignment.
* Recommends new standards and procedures on design and manufacture of seal components.
* Observes and reports field performance results; collects and evaluates data customers, while working with local John Crane office and sales representative.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Requires Bachelor of Science in Engineering, prefer ME.
* Minimum 2 years experience with mechanical seals, rotating equipment and basic engineering principles applied to perform work assignments in addition to PC and software knowledge
* Knowledge of labor reporting, work order variances, QAD, MFG-PRO, SAP, or equivalent
* Previous participation in continuous improvement activities including but not limited to Kaizen, SMED, and Lean activities or equivalent.
* Strong knowledge of personal computers, MS Office, and machining practices. CNC Programming a plus.
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends as needed to meet business demands.
* Moderate level of understanding of the financial aspects of a manufacturing operation.
* Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a high-stress environment.
* Excellent written and verbal business communication.
* Excellent training, leadership, facilitation, influencing, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.