Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Part Time
The department of Pathology at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is looking for a Medical Technologist II-Part time to assist the Core Laboratory. The selected candidate will be responsible for the prompt, efficient, and accurate performance, validation, and reporting of laboratory test results which are utilized for the purpose of prognosis, diagnosis, treatment, and research. Under the direct supervision of the Director, Manager or Supervisor, the MT II is responsible for the assigned shift as scheduled. The MT II may work under the guidance of the MT III or MT IV. Recent experience as a generalistic, hematology or chemistry is preferred.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.
* Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences and completion of a medical laboratory technologist training program that was, at the time of graduation, either NAACLS approved or approved pursuant to TN Rule 1200-06-02-.04. Educational requirements may be waived for applicants possessing HEW certification from passing the Health and Human Services proficiency examination on or before September 1, 1997 and who meet criteria outlined in TN Rule 1200-06-02-.22.
* Two (2) years of medical technologist experience required.
* Two (2) years of relevant clinical medical laboratory technician experience may be considered for one (1) year of medical technologist experience
* Tennessee licensure as Medical Technologist-General or as a Special Analyst in assigned laboratory section required or eligible.
* Licensure must be obtained prior to working in lab independently.
Certification as a Medical Technologist by ASCP or AMT preferred
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO SEARCH FIRMS:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.