Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Biorepository Specialist is responsible for tasks related to the accessioning, processing, storage, retrieval, disposal, and distribution/shipping of specimens and fixed histopathologic material such as formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissue (FFPE) supporting many research studies active at St. Jude. The Biorepository Specialist is responsible for all aspects of tissue governance in the Department of Pathology. Under the direct supervision of the Biorepository Supervisor, the Biorepository Specialist's responsible for all aspects of assigned duties as scheduled.
Schedule:Monday-Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm. Will rotate on-call after hours, weekends and holidays after completion of on-boarding.
* Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences and completion of a medical laboratory technologist training program that was, at the time of graduation, either NAACLS approved or approved pursuant to TN Rule 1200-06-02-.04. Educational requirements may be waived for applicants possessing HEW certification from passing the Health and Human Services proficiency examination on or before September 1, 1997 and who meet criteria outlined in TN Rule 1200-06-02-.22.
* Four (4) years of Medical Technologist experience required, of which two (2) years of experience must be in assisting with and/or performing method validation, quality control evaluation, writing procedures, troubleshooting analyzers and procedures and performance improvement
* Two (2) years of relevant clinical/medical laboratory technician experience may be considered for one (1) year of medical technologist experience
Biobanking experience is preferred.
* Tennessee license as Medical Technologist-General or as a Special Analyst in assigned laboratory section required or eligible. License must be obtained prior to working in lab independently.
* Current Hazardous Goods Shipping certification from the Department of Transportation required within one year of hire into the position. Certification as a Medical Technologist by ASCP or AMT preferred
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO SEARCH FIRMS:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.