Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Technician III Entry Level 3rd Shift
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn t changed our tight-knit feel we ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the 2nd Shift Supervisor and working 11pm 730am, you will be responsible for performing tasks that are necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely production and shipment of Sonoco products from the Foam Molding (or other) Technician departments including Thermoware, Gel, Pillow Panels, and Water Bottles. You will be required to learn and excel in multiple departments. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams and have a good eye to spot defects during the packing process. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
Day to Day responsibilities include:
* Safety in the workplace is paramount. When working on machinery or equipment, LOTO procedures must be followed as posted on the HECP (Hazard Energy Control Procedure)
* Maintains accuracy of processes during production. Modify processes as required for product orders
* Monitors operations process, work and material flow to ensure that quality and customer specifications are met.
* Monitors cycle times to run at standard and adjusts as needed to maximize quality and output
* Report accurate production numbers
* Performs preventative maintenance activities
* Conducts test and trial runs as needed
* Performs tool changes and repairs as needed, while following all HECP LOTO procedures
* Perform and/or assign all quality checks/burst testing/salinity/weights
* Communicate with maintenance and vendors on supplies needed and work orders
* Good mechanical skills required with the ability to troubleshoot machines
* Organization of all tooling maintain in labeled storage locations
* Must be able to meet production goals set by Shift Supervisor/Production Manager/Plant Manager for downtime, scrap and tool changes.
* Maintains cleanliness of the area and follows good housekeeping procedures
* Direct Inspector/Packers to efficient use of labor and to minimize costs
* Train new employees in proper procedures for safety, housekeeping, quality, and production
* Position requires a self-motivated individual who can multi-task in a fast paced production setting
* Performs all duties in a manner that demonstrates the highest level of quality and safety
This position is in our Thermosafe plant in Conyers, Ga. We are producing temperature assurance packaging components designed to passively maintain the temperature of pharmaceutical products during transportation.
* Sufficient Mechanical Skill are necessary to troubleshoot/fix machine issues
* You have to have a get it done attitude and an urgency to resolve problems/tasks.
* To succeed in this role you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Working independently and managing multiple tasks simultaneously is needed.
* You need to have working knowledge of our products and their quality requirements.
* Being reliable, having good initiative, being committed, and being quality focused is a must.
* You will need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
* Having the ability to effectively work with a team in a fast-paced environment is crucial to success.
* You will need to have the ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
* You will need to able to perform repetitious duties, including standing for long periods of time.
* You will need to have the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention
* Flexibility to cover OT and weekend work when necessary
* No prior manufacturing experience required.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
Sonoco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.