Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
To provide varying degrees of administrative support to a member of the Executive Management Group, which may include typing, filing, scheduling meetings, managing subordinate support staff, acting as liaison with other Institute executives, developing policies and procedures, independently completing projects as assigned.
* Will provide managerial, administrative, or secretarial support for executives and may include supporting, managing and developing designated programs, or projects as directed.
* Job functions range and are focused on administrative matters related to program or project development and maintenance and individual executive support.
* Ensures reports and other documents are prepared in a timely manner. Manages the executive's calendar; triages issues as they arise; may act as the executive's designee in specified areas as directed. Has higher degree of independent functionality and may also have project work for which s/he is responsible.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience or training desirable. College level course work highly desirable.
* 5 - 7 years experience in an office setting, including at least 2 years experience providing administrative support of a project or program.
* Experience working in an academic medical/scientific research setting or comparable technology-oriented business environment is highly preferred.
* Excellent English language reading, writing, and speaking skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to initiate and/or draft reports, correspondence and other administrative documents as needed.
* Demonstrated ability to organize meetings and carry out complex scheduling required.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.