Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Synopsys, we re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we re powering it all with the world s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips faster. We re the world s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And we design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. We enable our customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance eliminating months off their project schedules.
Our System Design Solutions (SDS) services team is part of our Design and Verification business. We deliver tool, methodology, design creation, verification and implementation expertise to enable leading edge customers to complete their most challenging IC design projects. Our customers range from industry leaders to start-ups, developing products for applications such as telecommunications, wireless, broadband, aerospace and defense, automotive, AI, and high-performance computing. Our services work ranges from collaborating with customers to provide specific design skills and assistance for an SoC development all the way through full SoC turnkey design from specification to parts.
We re looking for an SOC Firmware Development Lead and Expert to join the team. Does this sound like a good role for you? In this role you will lead development of firmware for SoCs including hands-on work and providing technical leadership and guidance to internal or third party firmware developers.
* BSEE/MSEE/PHD in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
* At least 7 years experience in firmware development.
* Strong in SoC system architecture knowledge with experience in designing firmware using C/C++/assembly language.
* Strong in software stackwith hardware to software interface knowledge
* Working and implementation knowledge of BIOS, boot loaders, device drivers, and operating systems
* Strong FW/SW/HW debug knowledge and tools expertise.
* Knowledge of SoC standard interfaces including PCIe, DDR, I2C etc.
* Working and Implementation knowledge of RISCV, ARC and ARM cores.
* Will be able to travel on occasion for short periods of time, and occasionally work on-site at customer premises as required.
* Knowledge of Mobile/Automotive/Client/Server or other similar SoC designs and experience developing firmware for these SoCs.
* Experience creating SoC firmware from Architecture to post-silicon
* Experience writing firmware in a BareMetal environment
* Experience working in a customer centric environment with great communication skills.
* Ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to small teams of firmware developers working on an SoC.
* Experience using workflow tools like git/gitlab/github is preferred.
* This position may include assignment to government contracts. Consequently, the ability to obtain government security clearances and/or other work clearances is preferred and will be required in the event of assignment to government contract work.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.