Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding provider. The company develops, manufactures and markets mattresses, adjustable bases, pillows and other sleep and relaxation products. Combining a proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the company holds some of the most highly recognized brands in the industry: Tempur®, Tempur-Pedic®, Cocoon™ by Sealy, Sealy®, and Stearns & Foster®.
We are hiring for Full Time Receiving Technicians in our Duffield, VA manufacturing facility for second shift. Starting pay is $16.10 per hour with benefits starting day one.
The Receiving Technician works under direct supervision and is responsible for performing a variety of duties in support of receiving product, relative to assigned area of responsibility.
- Follow all safety guidelines and participate as fully-empowered team member to achieve organization wide goal of zero incidents.
- Daily maintenance of the (return) parts area
- Packages and labels covers to be shipped out
- Combines and condenses box quantities
- Sorts, repairs ad reworks (returns items to correct box)
- Labels incoming boxes with part numbers and quantities
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device
- Maintains and cleans assigned work area
- Using forklift, unloads in-coming shipments off of trailers
- Able to operate forklift in a safe, efficient manner
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Ability to safely lift over 25 lbs and move pallets of mattresses with the assistance of manual and electronic pallet jack
- Capable of quality inspection of product (boxes, cartons, finished product, etc.)
- Fork truck operator's license and material handling experience a plus
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be 18 or older to be considered
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred