Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
TEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,300 employees in 29 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
Our AR department is seeking a Cash Applications Specialist who will work with the Cash Applications team to properly apply incoming payments to the correct accounts and receivable invoices. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the Cash Applications Manager in overseeing the day-to-day workflow of the department and serving as a dependable resource to team members to ensure smooth operations. Successful candidates must take a proactive and self-motivated approach to their work, exhibit positive leadership qualities, and model the TEC Values of Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-focus at all times.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Perform all job duties in accordance with TEC values - with a focus on teamwork, being accountable and taking ownership of tasks, problem-solving, and always striving toward the satisfaction and success of our customers.
* Research potential cash misapplications, communicate with store/branches as needed, identify potential resolution, and communicate to manager.
* Monitor clearing accounts and coordinate workflow to ensure department responsibilities are completed timely
* Prepare AR, GL, and related reports for manager review
* Maintain training and process documentation materials.
* Assist with training new and existing team members with processes and procedures.
* Assist with special projects as assigned by the manager.
* Perform Cash Apps duties as needed: Prepare journal entries and/or adjustments to AR. Post cash receipts to customer accounts and reconcile batches daily.
* Two to three years of experience in cash applications, AR, credit, or similar role.
* Professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent data entry skills with ability to complete high volume of work while maintaining a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage work load in order to meet deadlines.
* Excellent attention to detail and data entry skills (10-key and typing).
* Highly organized and efficient to get own tasks done and assist manager with additional projects and reporting.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel. *
* Ability to research issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems within the scope of the position.
* Ability to motivate and communicate effectively with team and other internal partners/customers.
* Regular, dependable attendance is required so our department may provide excellent service to our internal and external customers.
We believe all employees deserve a safe work environment. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.