Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
TEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 28 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
We have a newly-created opportunity for a Medium Duty Truck Sales Specialist, based at our Portland, OR dealership. In this position, you will be responsible for establishing and growing TEC's Medium Duty Sales for the Northwest Region; this will involve heavy collaboration and partnership with Sales Managers, General Managers, and Regional Directors at all TEC Oregon and Washington locations. We are seeking an entrepreneurial-minded, customer-focused individual who can successfully articulate the value proposition of TEC Equipment and Mack products we represent.
In this role key responsibilities will include:
* Identify, consult, and engage prospective customers throughout Oregon and Washington. Develop and apply sales strategies to help increase Mack market share within our Area of Operation (AOR). Utilize skills and confidence in product knowledge and negotiation to close deals.
* Build a strong customer pipeline by understanding the customers' business needs and providing comprehensive solutions to exceed those needs. Actively follow up with customers per commitments, provide accurate & timely information, and ensure actions are consistent and demonstrate TEC's desire to be the customers' best business partner.
* Collaborate with team members inside and outside of the sales department; build symbiotic relationships with Truck Sales, Finance, Parts, Service, and Leasing teams. Work with Marketing on product promotion and advertising.
* Fully utilize Salesforce CRM system to track and support sales activities.
* Establish trusting relationships with OEM reps to facilitate sales, obtain product support, and provide prompt warranty and policy support. Leverage key supplier relationships to provide incremental value to customers.
* Develop a specialization in medium-duty sales; including dry van, refrigerated, municipal, government agencies, dump trucks, refuse trucks, tankers, flatbeds, and more. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the market, industry, customers, and competitors.
* Three years of Sales in commercial vehicles, truck dealerships, or medium-duty/heavy-duty OEM experience
* Proven history of achieving/exceeding sales and business objectives.
* Proven negotiator; ability to build/manage lasting relationships and influence vertically & laterally.
* Sound business acumen with ability to analyze, prioritize, identify, and execute solutions.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding.
* Proficient with MS Office and all other required systems.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to maintain composure and exercise sound judgment at all times.
* Ability to travel to other TEC locations and to visit customers.
* Valid driver's license with good driving record; CDL preferred.
We believe our employees deserve a safe work environment. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.