Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Part Time
The Mental Health worker is a member of the multidisciplinary team who, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs a variety of duties on the milieu that include direct patient care, patient monitoring, coordination of and execution of milieu groups, and monitoring the tone and activity of the unit to ensure a safe environment. Maintains current education for and is expected to provide for the activities of daily living (ADL) of adult and geriatric patients. Utilizes de-escalation strategies to assist patients with self regulation within the mission of reduction of restraint/reduction on a DMH Licensed unit. The Mental Health Worker will also assure the practice of Recovery Oriented and Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
Schedule: Per diem, covers all shifts including weekends and holidays
About Brigham and Women\'s Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171 bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
* AHA Heartsaver CPR and AED Certification required.
* Bachelors degree in related field strongly preferred. Two years inpatient MHW experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
* Previous group experience preferred.
* Must have sufficient mobility to negotiate physical plant including the strength and endurance to perform physically for long periods of time.
* Must have the physical ability to transfer and lift patients with and without mechanical devices. Physical dexterity and psycho-motor skills to respond adequately and appropriately to routine and emergent patient care needs.
* Works in a fast paced inpatient psychiatric care environment where there is potential exposure to blood, blood products, body fluids, infectious diseases, electrical, fire, chemical, radiation, physical contact and equipment hazards.
Brigham and Womens Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employees protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.