Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Department of Public Health Sciences is a large complex teaching, research and clinical department in the UC Davis School of Medicine. The mission of the Department of Public Health Sciences is to improve the health of people using approaches based in epidemiology, biostatistics, economics, and behavioral science through research, educational programs, clinical programs, public service, and policy development.
Final Filing Date : 11/16/20
Salary Range : $2,613.03 to $5,245.21
Salary Frequency : Bi-weekly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : Day
Location : Public Health Sciences
City : Davis
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
This position will provide database and analytic support for the ORALE COVID-19! study: Organizaciones para Reducir, Avanzar y Lograr Equidad contra el COVID-19 (Organizations to Reduce, and to Advance, and Lead for Equity against COVID-19). The ORALE Study supports a COVID-19 mobile testing unit, located in two vans, that will rotate locations throughout the Central Valley of California, and a largescale survey study on the impacts of COVID-19 within the Latinx population. The Research Data Analyst 3 will be responsible for submission of data to the NIH (National Institutes of Health) and to the RADx-UP Coordinating Center on a regular basis. The Research Data Analyst 3 will work to maintain electronic databases, import and export files from various platforms/operating systems, assist with research design, and perform statistical (SAS) programming for analysis of complex data. This position will also assist with grant preparation and manuscript writing. The Research Data Analyst 3 reports to the Academic Program Management Officer and the Principal Investigator. This is a full time, contract position with an end date of March 31, 2022.
* A master s degree in statistics, epidemiology, or related field with experience, preferred, OR demonstrated significant experience in data analysis and management involving large and/or complex research programs, or similar environment.
* Excellent SAS programming skills. (Statistical Analysis System).
* Experience with software packages desirable, e.g., R or Stata.
* Extensive documented data analysis experience using standard and complex statistical techniques, with the ability to summarize and report information and create graphics usable for presentations and publications.
* Strong ability to juggle and prioritize multiple diverse components and responsibilities, including reporting to the NIH CDCC, handling the Consortium s common data elements, providing field-staff with needed reports on a frequent and regular basis, and producing reports for Community partners.
* Experience with understanding of statistical modeling including generalized linear models, testing of assumptions, and application of state of the art methods to practical epidemiologic problems.
* Excellent judgment in handling ambiguous requests or data problems.
* Excellent skills and experience in communication with persons who have diverse backgrounds relative to knowledge of the study databases and to level of quantitative understanding. This includes field staff, clinicians, and scientists from a wide variety of disciplines.
* Ability to explain details regarding the databases and protocols in language understandable by not only collaborators but also students and those not familiar with epidemiologic or human studies.
* Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
* Spanish language fluency preferred.
* Occasional overtime to meet critical deadlines.
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.