Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
POSITION: Business Development (BD) Intern
LOCATION: Chevy Chase, MD
JOB ID: 1535
# OF OPENINGS: 1
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (BD) INTERN
HOURS: 20 hrs/week
LOCATION: Chevy Chase, MD
SALARY: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 40 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, especially among underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (HTTP://WWW.URC-CHS.COM/).
DIVISION & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
The BD Department supports all aspects of pipeline development, capture planning, and proposal preparation. For capture planning, the Department collaborates closely with champions in the technical divisions to identify and actively monitor upcoming opportunities (among USG and other donors) and strategize teaming arrangements, staffing, and approaches. The Department plays a key role in intelligence gathering and positioning strategies that strengthen URC s stature, credibility, and likelihood of winning new business. BD s role in proposal development includes: working with technical divisions to resource proposal roles; writing proposal sections; facilitating the development of compliant, well-written, and compelling technical volumes; coordinating the development of cost volumes; and preparing high-quality annexes, graphics, and overall proposal presentation responsive to donor requirements and in line with corporate branding. The BD Department collaborates cross-departmentally for effective proposal development and guides continuous refinement of internal processes (including tools, templates, and other resources) to strengthen efficiencies and overall quality of the proposal development process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
URC is committed to enhancing the capabilities and exposure of students and graduates into the area of development, both internationally and locally within the United States, to deepen their development management skills. We offer semester-long internships to current Undergraduate and Graduate students on our Business Development team. The Business Development Intern will provide support to all stages of the capture and proposal development continuum while working under the guidance and supervision of highly experienced BD Associates, BD Specialists, or the Senior Director for Business Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Conducting background research on competitors, countries, projects, donor priorities and funding, and other BD specific information;
* Contributing to the development and maintenance of the BD Department s databases and filing systems;
* Conducting technical research in URC s core targeted sectors and providing technical inputs in URC s technical proposal efforts;
* Providing administrative and logistical support, including organizing meetings and conference calls with potential partners, staff, and within the BD team;
* Writing BD-related materials including marketing one-pagers, capacity statements, and other thought pieces as well as proposal sections such as CV formatting, past performance references, and institutional capacity sections; and;
* Contributing to quality of written content including proofreading, formatting, and editing documents.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Highly motivated, dynamic, detail-oriented, people-person;
* Strong multi-tasking skills;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Applicants residing or attending schools in the DC Metropolitan area preferred. Relocation assistance cannot be provided;
* Currently enrolled in a graduate program.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page: WWW.URC-CHS.COM/CAREER-OPPORTUNITIES.
YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR CV/R SUM AND YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE INDICATED. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID FORM 1420 CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE BIOGRAPHICAL DATA SHEET.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC IS AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
URC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE AND SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
Apply for this Position