Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Valiant Integrated Services Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), is a seasoned professional with broad experiences in management, customer and account management, business development, program and project performance, business analytics, personnel management and industry leadership.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO serves as the credible, knowledgeable and trusted resource to the CEO and other senior leaders. This position is a hands-on and quality-focused financial executive with the experience that combines sound financial leadership with proven business effectiveness. The CFO is responsible for the financial management of Valiant Integrated Services, subsidiaries and JV alliances to include capital structure, budget analysis and management, financial modeling and reporting, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, accounting government accounting regulatory compliance, pricing and treasury operations, information technology, shared services, mergers & acquisitions and investment strategies. The CFO provides quality, meaningful analyses, and financial perspectives necessary for corporate decisions and strategic planning. In addition to providing financial leadership to Valiant, this position is responsible for the administration, planning, forecasting and analysis of the financial risk-based models related to services, lines of business markets and regions of the world. The CFO will lead the Finance & Accounting (F&A), Pricing, Global Excellence Center (GEC) and Information Technology (IT) staff.
The CFO will work closely with the CEO and other of the EMT (Executive Management Team) to develop actionable business strategies and plans that align with the short-term and long-term objectives as outlined by the Valiant strategy. This role will work with other EMT and VLT (Valiant Leadership Team) members to establish policies that promote the Core Values and culture as established by the company strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Execute the company's primary leadership role in ensuring proper, accurate and compliant financial information and transparency for optimal management decision-making capability.
* Provide analysis, counsel and guidance on the financial planning and analysis that is critical to the future operation, success and growth of the business by being forward leaning and proactive in their posturing of the company to be ready for the unexpected while optimizing and improving the financial operations for all that is expected.
* Work with senior leaders on the strategic vision of the organization including cultivating and fostering strategic relationships and potential alliances; engage in the growth agenda including organic and acquisition strategies.
* In partnership with the President & CEO and the Executive Management Team (EMT), lead the financial strategy to optimize and manage the capital structure(s), debt financing and capital deployment of the company.
* Partner with the CEO and other senior leaders on operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, and revenue/expense analysis.
* Oversee all financial transactions, including billing, payables, finance, accounting, reporting, cash management, tax and outside investments.
* Prepare materials and present, as necessary, financial information to Board of Directors, Customers or other relevant stakeholders.
* Prepare and communicate monthly and financial statements within the Company and to the Board.
* Collaborate with CEO, COO, CGO and CACOGC on developing the strategic and annual operating plans and budgets.
* Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan.
* Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial forecasting.
* Lead and coordinate an integrated financial planning process which includes inputs from project accounting, Divisional delivery, service and sales performance, actuarial and operational expense units.
* Develop and maintain appropriate project and competitive level models to ensure adequate pricing coverage and enhance decision making.
* Responsible for maintaining and compliance with all debt agreements in the capital structure.
* Provide financial discipline and business decision support to evaluate long term and short-term strategic business opportunities.
* Responsible for oversight of financial internal controls and coordination of all financial audits.
* Develop and monitor policies and procedures within general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduce operating costs, and increase revenues.
* Maintain general ledger structure, chart of accounts, policies and procedures to enable financial statement preparation and compliance with all required financial audits.
* Collaborate with Human Resources on benefit strategies including, but not limited to, health plan and 401K plan thus providing the most competitive packages for the organization's employees.
* Responsible for facilities and asset management of the organization.
* Review all formal finance and IT related procedures, processes, and administration, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the systems going forward.
* Conduct due diligence and recommendation on the timing and implementation and of significant development or technology investments as well as Merger & Acquisition opportunities.
* Advise on contract negotiations from a financial impact perspective.
* Maintain external relationships with banks, auditors, and third-party vendors.
* Establish efficient workflows and business processes to meet the need of financial information.
* Develop and manage direct staff, to include finance & accounting, pricing, planning & reporting, Global Excellence Center, and IT managers; guide larger multi- disciplinary teams outside of direct span of control to include risk management and security controls.
* Provide guidance on attracting and developing key team members.
* Design and maintain robust claims reserving process that is in compliance with accounting standards (applicable to potential new lines of business) and US Government Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations and other governments' equivalent compliance requirements.
* Demonstrate high standards regarding the quality and thoroughness of business and technical analysis.
* Partner effectively with all lines of business internally and interface with clients, brokers, vendors, other members of executive management and the Board of Directors.
* Leverage executive-level relationships to grow a sustainable network of Customers.
* Partner with other internal leaders across Valiant Business Units and capabilities to design and sell profitable business, programs and contracts.
* Deliver board-level presentations, driving actions and decisions.
* Coach and develop key talent through mentoring and on-the-job training of leadership skills.
* Sponsor recruiting to build F&A, Pricing, GEC and IT teams and teams within teams.
* Lead and develop people through adequate and required level of training, coaching, and mentoring throughout the functions.
* Contribute to the expansion of the Valiant business and development of new business and markets of interest through insightful thought leadership and innovative offer development.
* Communicate and market thought leadership via industry forums, such as speaking engagements, trade publications, and other print media.
* Partner with other internal leaders to grow Valiant brand.
* Serve as a member of the Executive Management Team (EMT) as the senior most governing and policy board within the management of Valiant Integrated Services, subsidiaries and Joint Venture alliances.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled