Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Oversee and perform all activities associated with the outpatient registration service and scheduling of outpatients including supporting all other front office staff. Coordinate the complete demographic and insurance intake,computerized registration, scheduling of patients and verifying the individuals insurance coverage with a customer service oriented approach. Orient patients to the center and coordinate additional patient services as needed. Demonstrate evidence of advanced operational knowledge, teaching and professional involvement, and outpatient center marketing and community involvement for Advanced Patient Service Representative role.
* Support is provided to other center team members by answering phones, assisting customers, and fulfilling any cross trained responsibilities.
* Support is provided to other staff to ensure effective orientation and continuous development to achieve performance standards.
* Scheduling status is maintained daily and potential problems are addressed with corrective actions.
* Patient pre-registration, registration, insurance verification, and scheduling are completed per center standards.
* Patients are greeted, assisted and appropriate staff notified of patient arrival.
* Administrative duties such as answering the phone, confirming appointments, supporting insurance requirements processes, photocopying, typing, faxing, inventory of supplies, sorting mail and handling other administrative duties are completed per center guidelines.
* Medical record setup, maintenance, and discharge are completed per center guidelines in a timely manner.
* Monthly patient satisfaction questionnaires are processed for current patients according to center standards.
* Customer service delivery is carried out to achieve stated goals.
* Insurance approvals and documentation are recorded in the medical record and computer system in accordance with center standards.
* Therapy charges are entered and reconciled as assigned.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR AN ADVANCED PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
* Annual requirements of completing 6 initiatives as described in the administrative ladder application.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* High school graduate required. Associates degree preferred.
* Two years experience in a medical/physicians office setting and/or experience with insurance benefits preferred.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. PHH takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.