Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Business Development Manager role is tasked with developing, implementing, managing and closing fiber solutions opportunities that increase/drive Infrastructure/Fiber Solutions revenue growth:
Complex Deal and Pursuit Support Assist/lead the direct sales team closing sales of fiber and network solutions. Includes identifying solutions, providing presentations, developing/supporting RFP response and proposals, and negotiating contracts with larger and more complex deals. Provide insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensure accurate reporting in Salesforce.com. Success shall be measured based upon overall sales performance against targets.
Drive Sales Results - Directly engaging the field sales teams and directors to lead sales pursuits from opportunity identification through close. The role also will drive sales results in accounts tied to strategic partnerships. Through these efforts, this role will be able to demonstrate robust pipeline and closed business increases quarter over quarter for assigned territory.
Strategic Partnerships Identify and pursue opportunities individually to partner with utility, government, and education groups who require significant infrastructure support including fiber construction support and may also operate fiber networks in their respective territory. The Business Development Manager will drive development and support of strategy for leveraging relationships with municipalities and large organizations for conduit and fiber access.
Sales Enablement and Training The Business Development Manager is expected to be a subject matter expert on Fiber-based Network Solutions in the assigned territory on infrastructure products, market landscape, and going forward market strategy. This role is tasked with both enabling and driving sales team engagement through education, targeting support, executive-level presentation and other tools and methods needed to support the Fiber Solutions organization success in attaining their assigned sales targets. Through these efforts, core customers will clearly understand our product offering, competitive differentiation and value proposition.
* Lead and support role in closing dark fiber, network and private dedicated network sales in their region, working with Regional Network Business and Sales teams.
* Ability to create/consult on solutions for customers needing guidance for their application landscape.
* Demonstrated ability to sell to all levels inside an organization (C-Level and VP/Director level).
* Demonstrated ability to work through regulated companies procedures to contract for Infrastructure services.
* Demonstrated ability to assess and negotiate options to sell and/or exchange through asset trade opportunities.
* Ability to use Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting functionality.
* Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Economics or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 8+ years sales, product management, account management, or sales engineering experience including working knowledge of business customer applications in dark fiber, fiber optic construction, and network services.
* Solid understanding of the colocation and data center business.
* Good understanding of the regulated industry (Government, Utilities) process to contract services.
* Solid understanding of the Fiber Services (Dark Fiber, Colocation, Private Dedicated Networks, and Fiber Construction Services).
* Solid understanding of the Network Services (Ethernet, WANs, Waves, and Internet).
* Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
* Understand the fiber business and have worked on fiber lease or IRU contracts in the past.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process.
* Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.
* Successful experience in account management role supporting large business customers.
* Experience working with referral partners and or sales agents.
* Strong business acumen.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve customer issues or seek proper internal resources to facilitate resolution.
* Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve problems.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops team.