Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Work as part of a team operating a pharmaceutical compounding equipment. Operate equipment and other related tasks. Maintain accurate and concurrent documentation of all tasks completed. Maintain a positive attitude and be able to work well with others in a team environment. Demonstrate good attendance.
This position is in a manufacturing area utilizing DEA schedule III / IV materials. Synovex differential pay will be paid to colleagues working within the facility.
RECORD KEEPING AND DOCUMENTATION
* Maintain and complete accurate records (time cards, batch records, log books, etc.).
* Operate assigned equipment, i.e. blenders, dryers, Glatt Granulators, weigh room scales, liquid vessels, etc.
* Clean production equipment and facilities.
* Set-up/ disassemble production equipment.
* Operate specific in-process devices associated with the equipment, i.e. moisture analyzers, pH meters, etc.
* Operate material handling devices, electric pallet jack, manual pallet jacks, and hi-lifts.
* Apply the metric system to assigned process calculations.
SOPS / CGMPS
* Follow all SOPs/cGMPs applicable to the area.
* Apply proper housekeeping techniques.
* Follow proper dress policy.
* Practice good safety techniques in the manufacturing area, including lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
* Read and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
* Properly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required per SOPs, i.e. safety shoes, safety glasses, respirators, gloves, hearing protection, etc.
DECISION MAKING -- DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO:
* Delegate questionable issues upward.
* Follow directions either written, or oral.
* Know when to stop the process for anomalies.
* Learn to identify out-of-spec material.
* Familiar with production/process flow.
* Know proper staging and storage location for supplies and equipment.
* Learn key terminology associated with pharmaceutical manufacturing.
* Communicate effectively with peers and supervisor.
* Apply appropriate communication techniques for team work.
PERSONAL COMPUTER SKILLS
Perform PC tasks, i.e. SAP transactions, BMS activates (Walk-In-Dryers), etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* H.S. Diploma or equivalent plus 6 -12 months of experience
* Language skills - able to read and interpret procedures.
* Math Skills - ability to apply general math skills.
* Has a basic understanding of mechanical skills and has used various hand tools.
* Has mastered two process family groups.
* Meets the physical requirements of the job.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
* Technical school certificate or 1-2 yrs. college and/or a minimum of two years experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of P.C. using Windows based applications.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
This position is in a manufacturing area utilizing DEA schedule III/IV compounds with OEB exposure limits of 3/5. This position requires secondary gowning and use of Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR) within the manufacturing facility. Must be able to withstand physical confinement for most of the workday.
* Learn to apply and follow good lifting techniques.
* Will be exposed to routine lifting of 20-40 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
* Will be exposed to tasks where climbing, sitting, crouching, reaching with arms and hands, or standing for extended periods is required.
* Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to product dust/particulate.
* Exposure to loud noises.
* Exposure to temperature variations.
* Exposure to heights of up to 25 ft., e.g. tops of tanks, and tops of blenders.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis..