Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation's most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We're proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Health Services, one of the country's leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Pharmacist to join the Mountainside Team!
What You'll Do
This Pharmacist responsibilities are leadership, drug distribution, clinical intervention, ME and ADR reporting, teaching, training and continuing education; quantification of pharmacy clinical services and interventions; clinical committee participation.
The successful candidate will be able to:
* Ensures pharmacy meets the required standards and oversees compliance with all state and federal regulations
* Maintains and updates hospital formulary regularly
* Verifies patient medication orders for appropriateness and accuracy
* Is able to quantify and rate clinical interventions and functions of the pharmacists through the use of tools such as MS Excel, PowerPoint etc.
* Works closely with medical staff to seek alternatives with drug therapies, and the appropriate multidisciplinary teams to ensure the best care possible /best practices.
* Participates in interdisciplinary patient care rounds, HRR etc. and communicates in a timely manner/ follow up with clinical coordinator, DOP, pharmacy as it affects medication management practices.
* Provides concise, applicable, comprehensive, and timely responses to requests for drug information from patients and health care providers.
* Facilitates medication reconciliation process within the hospital
* Recognizes situations (patient, staff, visitor, and physician) and significant assessment findings that require verbal and written communication and follow through to the appropriate people.
* Maintain confidentiality according to established policy.
* Ensure that the Pharmacy is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
* Work to ensure that USP 797 800 standards are met, corroborates with pharmacy, and other clinical staff pharmacists, pharmacy coordinator and technicians in establishing compliance
* Develops, documents and assists in ensuring all pharmacists' competencies are documented yearly and comply with regulatory standards/JC
* Perform any and all duties as assigned
What You'll Bring
* Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy Required
* NJ BOP registration required
* Previous hospital pharmacy experience (2+ years) preferred
* Previous oncology/infusion experience preferred
* Experience in unit dose and IV Admixture is desirable.
* Desirable experience in CPOE order build/ IT Pharmacy
What We Offer
* Competitive pay
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* 401k with Company match
* Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
* Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
* 6 Paid Holidays
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Advancement and career development opportunities
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class..