Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in Topeka Kansas
Why The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. St. Francis Campus is proud to be a part of a long legacy of high-quality, compassionate care. For more than 100 years, the hospital has combined compassionate care with lifesaving technological advancements to our patients and the communities served. Today, the hospital has 378 licensed beds, a history of technological advancements, and a generous and supportive community.
Our St. Francis hospital is seeking an experienced APRN for our Pulmonology clinic. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills where you will be responsible for:
The Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) coordinates care for a variety of patients including hospitalized and ambulatory individuals with acute and chronic conditions. In collaboration with the medical and nursing staff, the ARNP monitors the clinical care of patients and provides holistic clinical support to improve patient care and outcomes. The ARNP provides care as defined by the Kansas Nurse Practice Act and reports to the Clinic Manager or designee.
1) Provides quality nursing and primary health care services to patients and their families.
2) Clearly communicates, both orally and in writing, recommendations for treatment to health care staff and ensures patient and family understanding of treatment plan.
3) Designs and implements multidisciplinary staff education to increase skills and knowledge base, and evaluates effectiveness by measuring clinical practice changes and/or client outcomes.
4) Creates, implements and evaluates Performance Improvement activities to ensure quality patient care and evidence-based practice.
5) Supports and promotes the organizational priorities.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and have the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The St. Francis Campus is fully accredited by the joint Commission. We also have the following notable accreditations and certifications:
* Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification
* Inpatient Rehab Stroke Certification
* Chest Pain Accreditation, by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
* Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, by the American College of Radiology
* (CoC) Accreditation
- Graduate of of an Advanced Degree program
- Licensed by the Kansas State Board of Nursing as an APRN, Current BLS.
- Basic computer skills. Effective communication skills and ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Two years of previous experience as an APRN preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class..