Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Extended Recovery Unit
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Weekends as Needed
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Rehabilitation Aide provides supportive and ancillary services to the professional staff of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
A day in the life of a Rehab Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Prepares and cleans whirlpools and attends patients while in whirlpool.
- Assists patients in donning and doffing of prosthetic or orthotic devices.
- Assists patients in dressing and undressing in preparation of treatment.
- Assists the therapist in setting up patients on all therapeutic equipment.
- Maintains linen and other supplies at all times at the disposal of the professional staff.
- Prepares hot and cold packs for use by the therapists.
- Adjusts non-modality equipment for patient use.
- Assists therapists in gait training of patients and is able to provide support to patients while ambulating safely lower patients to the floor in case of a total loss of balance.
- Performs daily whirlpool scheduling and completes daily assignment sheet.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- CPR Certification is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous Rehab Aide experience is a plus
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.